Sunday, January 5, 2014

Original Art Sundays No. 173: Q. Gordyn Babcock, Freelance Shaman

Well, the next page of Surrealist Cowgirls is done. And scanned. But the scan didn't save, for some bizarre reason.
I reiterate: grr.
Since we're so close to the end of the story, and I have two more stories (and a recipe page!) plotted, I'll try to do a double header next week to make it up to my faithful readers.
Meanwhile, this is a related page. Some years back, I was working on an entry for Dark Horse's online comic competition, building a story out of one of the other characters in the Cowgirls world, Q. Gordyn Babcock, Freelance Shaman. The story later served as the core of one of my 24 hour projects.
But I was always happy with that first page. I chose the format based on being proportional to the dimensions given for the web page, and it worked out to be a very nice Sunday strip format. Despite my happiness with it, I never returned to the format or the story.
Here it is for your enjoyment. I don't know if I'll include it in the Cowgirls comic or not. It's a good page, but kind of a one-off.


Next: Surrealist Cowgirls, at last!

No comments:

Post a Comment