Monday, December 18, 2017

Original Art Sundays No. 262: The Serene Logan

Back at it. The semester has ended and Christmas plans are proceeding apace. There are many changes in my personal life, but as they do not relate to my art for the most part, I will just acknowledge them here and move on.
I have had several new pages on the board, but none that really did it for me. I will make time to get more work out over semester break (5 weeks!). In the interim, here's a little something.
Most everyone doodles. Whether it's geometric patterns, cartoon characters or fully fleshed out renderings, most of us will draw something when trapped in a tedious meeting or lecture, even people who fall into the irritating trap of saying "I can't draw."
During a training at my primary job, I just did this. I'm quite fond of it.
The kenji on the side is the character for "listen".
Nothing elaborate, just 20 minutes of mindful drawing with a ballpoint pen on plain printer paper. There are some structural problems here, but I don't care. This is a case of the whole being larger than the sum and all that. This doodle makes me happy, and I'm happy to share it with you.
Next: new page.

No comments:

Post a Comment