Sunday, May 15, 2011

Original Art Sundays No. 92: Surrealist Cowgirls, It Does This, p. 6

Remember, the comments contest still has about a month to go! Post your comments!
On schedule with the next page of Surrealist Cowgirls.



Overall, very happy with this one, and with the way the story is progressing.
There are a couple niggling things that give me grief. The stipple pattern I really like is too light for reproduction, so i have to push it more than I'd care to, either on the page or in levels.
Also, Whalemule's eyes don't look closed. I haven't decided yet if she sleeps with her eyes open, if that's the way it soolks when her eyes are shut, or if I just want to find another way to do it.
Whalemule is such fun to draw.
I also need to decide if that's her name: another contest? Possibly when the issue goes to press and another is in the hopper....
Getting into drawing the rocks. Too bad they're heading out from the steppes in the morning, on the next page!
Next week, another page of A Private Myth.

No comments:

Post a Comment