Sunday, May 23, 2010

Original Art Sundays # 42a: Photoshop painting

The page, the page.
The next page of A Private Myth is on the board. It's all penciled and everything. But no scanner access till Tuesday.
So my choices for the blog:
Post a mediocre photo of the pencils (not enough range to get good lines), or wait for a proper scan.
While pondering my choices, I played with Photoshop a bit.
I started looking at some family snapshots from a get-together we had a few months ago.
Next thing I knew, I was reworking a very bad image, trying to see what I could do with it.
Here's the original image.

Believe it or not, there is some information there!
Fixing this image, using some adjustments and filters, and some hand recoloring, I came up with this.


Amazing what's really there!
I added a texture to compensate for the graininess of reintroduced color. Blurs will only take you so far!
The colors are a bit muted, but if it went to print, it would print at about 135% of this color, which would be about right.
By Friday, the next page.

No comments:

Post a Comment